Spring 2019. Issue #50.
Editor: Arthur Vidro.
Old-Time Detection Special Interest Group of American Mensa, Ltd.
41 pages (including covers).
Cover image: Christianna Brand.
Note: The first part of this review can be found on Steve Lewis's Mystery*File weblog (HERE). Go there first.
~ ~ ~This issue's contents:
(Note: Some related off-site links have been included.)
1. From the Editor: "In Memoriam: Barbara Dannay" by Arthur Vidro.
2. "Introduction to Christianna Brand" by Francis M. Nevins (2010).
Also see: The GAD Wiki (HERE) and Mystery*File (HERE).
4. Fiction: The unabridged version of "Cyanide in the Sun" (1958; 13 pages) by Christianna Brand.
5. "Christie Corner" by Dr. John Curran covers new screen and stage treatments of The ABC Murders ("I am not going to waste words discussing this abomination . . ."), Agatha and the Art of Murder (". . . released on an unsuspecting viewing public . . ."), The Mirror Crack'd ("Miss Marple begins to question her place in the world until . . ."), and Towards Zero (". . . the play is, even nowadays, rarely performed . . ."), plus a few snippets.
See also: The GAD Wiki (HERE), (HERE), and (HERE).
8. "New Non-Fiction": Margalit Fox's Conan Doyle for the Defense (2018) reviewed by Michael Dirda.
Also see: The GAD Wiki (HERE), (HERE), (HERE), and Book Reporter (HERE).
11. "The Readers Write," "This Issue's Puzzle," and the "Big News Department."
~ ~ ~Subscription information:
- Published three times a year: spring, summer, and autumn.
- Sample copy: $6.00 in U.S.; $10.00 anywhere else.
- One-year U.S.: $18.00 ($15.00 for Mensans).
- One-year overseas: $40.00 (or 25 pounds sterling or 30 euros).
- Payment: Checks payable to Arthur Vidro, or cash from any nation, or U.S. postage stamps or PayPal.
Arthur Vidro, editor
2 Ellery Street
Claremont, New Hampshire 03743