Thursday, March 1, 2018

"Now You're in My World"

"Beyond the Time Door."
By David Wright O'Brien (1918-44).
First appearance: Fantastic Adventures, March 1941.
In facsimile reprint by Pulp Tales Press (2013).
Short story (12 pages as a PDF).
Online at Roy Glashan's Library (HERE; HTML) and (HERE; EPUB).

". . . here he was, head shaved and trouser legs slit, waiting for them to come and get him."
Imagine Cardoni's amazement: "You want to bump a guy?"
Resources:
- The basic premise of "Beyond the Time Door" was borrowed, then completely flipped, for an episode of The Twilight Zone TV series (HERE): "I don't like his looks. I don't like the eyes, or the face, or the expression. I get a feeling of disquiet. I get a feeling that I've taken a 19th-century primitive and placed him in a 20th-century jungle. And heaven help whoever gets in his way."

- Roy Glashan has an ever-growing collection of David Wright O'Brien's highly imaginative writings in his superb Library (HERE).
- Our latest visit with O'Brien was (HERE).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment